Sunday 27 October 2019

Rope Halters Can Be Used Instead Of Bitless Bridles

Hi All,

In my last quick tip article I wrote about one important thing to do when you first start your horse bitless and that was to pick a smaller paddock, arena or round pen for introducing this new feeling of a bitless riding tool.

I wanted to underline the importance of this smaller, enclosed area and share another quick tip about riding, so without further ado...



Why is the small space needed for the first few sessions in transitioning from bitted to bitless?

Well, would you adventure yourself by getting on a motorbike blasting on the highway knowing that the bike's breaks are broken? Hope not! :)

Same with horses. Before you get to speed up on your horse's back, you first have to make sure that he/she understands the cues given by you through any bitless bridle or rope halter you use. You have to get to the point where you can clearly communicate with the horse and they willingly and softly follow any cue they are asked to.

Anyway, when I first started riding horses, I had trouble with funding and had to do a lot of improvisation, which I must say definitely helped shape the methods I use today for training and riding horses..

Rather than purchasing a bridle, I started riding my first horse with a simple rope halter. I know, you are thinking, was I mad or something... Believe me, it is a diferent experience all together, as you really need to be able to bond with a horse to be able to ride them with just a rope halter, given the lack of control you have over the horse. But believe me, this is actually not the case.. Why control a horse, when all you really need to do is bond with the horse so that when you ride them, you become one with them and the riding experience is something you can both enjoy...

The more you can bond with these animals, the better your riding experience will be and I will honestly say that after years of riding, training and spending the last 7 years with horses, that a horse's friendship is worth far more, than a horse's submission...

Follow us on:
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T478pWfZwjY
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BitlessRiding/

No comments:

Post a Comment